Every year I notice signs of people exposed to too much sun. Some of these conditions could be unrelated but please be aware.
- Vomiting (not always caused by too much ice cream, can be too much sun)
- Feeling cold – if later you feel shivers, need a sweater or a blanket in bed even though it’s hot, you probably got too much sun.
Be careful if you or a family member does have signs of being over exposed to our hot Okanagan climate, make sure they take it easy.
- If you are concerned seek medical advice
- Stay in the shade for a day or two
- Eat some melon or drink some ice green tea
- Milk can help sooth red skin or a cold water compress
Sun Safe Items
- Sun block
- A couple of different sun factors to suit your families skin types
- Sun hat or cap
- Bottle of water
- I love the beach towels that come with games. For example the towel has a printed grid and comes with a bag of checkers. If you have one of these it is a great way to entice a family member out of the sun for a bit to play a game.